DAY 1: Walking (Acclimatization)
Clients arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (or somewhere else) are transferred to “Mt. Meru Hotel” located at Arusha City, for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: Marangu gate to Mandara hut
Clients starting to ascent the Mt. Kilimanjaro from 1800m until Mandara hut which takes 2700m. The altitude ranges from 1970meters (6400ft) to 2710 meters (8900ft) and the habitat is rainforest. It takes almost 3-4 hours to reach this station where by the clients will take meals and accommodation in the hut.
DAY 3: Mandara hut to Horombo hut
Clients continue to ascent almost 5-7 hours to reach Horombo hut. It is 3720m and 14km. Horombo hut ranges from altitude of 2710 meters (8900ft) to 3725 meters (12,200ft). Habitat is alpine desert.
DAY 4: Horombo huts to Kibo huts
Walking in the cool clear air to cover 4,703m where the porters remain here while you complete the ascent to Uhuru peak, 5895 during the night. Kibo hut ranges from altitude of 3,725 meters (12,200ft) to 4,710 meters (15400ft). Habitat is snow.
DAY 5: Descent to Horombo huts
During the morning after breakfast, the clients start to descend to Horombo hut to take meals and overnight.
DAY 6: Marangu gate to Mt. Meru Hotel house.
The clients complete to descend Marangu gate and taken by vehicles to Mt. Meru Hotel for lunch and overnight.
Day 7: Mt. Meru Hotel –Zanzibar
Morning after breakfast aboard a flight from Kilimanjaro airport/Arusha airport to Zanzibar. Arrive on time then transfer to Tembo House hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Zanzibar
After breakfast, full day of activities in Zanzibar city. All meal and overnight at Tembo house Hotel.
Day 9: Depart
Having breakfast then transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
Price will be:
6 days mountain climbing $1,670 price per person
2 days accommodation in Arusha before and after climbing mountain $300 price per person per two nights
Accommodation in Zanzibar for two days $524
Book this tour
- National park fees
- Transfer from Moshi/Arusha to start point on mountain and return to Moshi/Arusha
- Certified experience English-speaking guide.
- Two night accommodation before and after trekking
- All meals on the mountain
- Porter’s salaries
- Rescue fees
- Camping fees, hut and tent
- Cooking equipment, eating utensils, tent and foam sleeping pads
- Zanzibar airport transfers
- Zanzibar accommodation full board basis
- International flight /local flight
- Tanzania Visa
- Tips and gratuities for Crew on mountain, transfer driver/guide, hotel staff etc
- Transfer to from Kilimanjaro air port.
- Travel and medical insurance
- Communication charges or other personal items
- Meals or transfers other than those included on the cost of the climb
- Optional activities
- Beverages, laundry, personal gear or clothing on the mountain
- Any charges resulting from an early descent such as additional hotels, transfers etc. (If a client returns before the completion of the climb)
- Zanzibar activities
- Bank transfer charges & card payments processing fee.